So much happening next week for the #i10TuneUp! Paving, demolition and excavation... and much, much more! Check out the alert for more info and be sure to sign up for alerts at http://i10tuneup.com #Caltrans8
Apr. 11 – 17, 2021
Daytime Work: Monday – Friday from 6 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- NO PLANNED LANE CLOSURES
- EB crews continue electrical work, demolition, paving and excavation from 8th Street in Banning to SR-111.
- EB crews continue work on joint sealing on the outside lanes and shoulders from Main Street in Cabazon to SR-111.
- EB and WB crews continue electrical work throughout the project area.
Nighttime Work: Monday– Friday from 7 p.m. to 6:30 a.m.
- NIGHTTIME ALTERNATING LANE CLOSURES IN BOTH DIRECTIONS – Expect Delays
- EB and WB crews continue work on paving and k-rail placement from Pennsylvania Avenue in Beaumont to SR-111.
INTERMITTENT CONNECTOR RAMP CLOSURE: EB connector on-ramp to SR-111 may intermittently be closed for roadwork, please use Whitewater/Tipton Road or Indian Canyon Road to access SR-111.
LONG-TERM RAMP CLOSURE: Through May 8, 2021
- EB Haugen-Lehman Way on-ramp remains closed, crews continue grading and excavation improvements during daytime hours.
- EB Detour: please use Main Street on-ramp via Railroad Avenue to access EB I-10.
- Alternate Detour: enter WB I-10 Haugen-Lehman Way on-ramp, exit Main Street, re-enter EB I-10 on-ramp to continue east.
10 DAY RAMP CLOSURES:
Beginning Wednesday, Apr. 28 through Wednesday, May 5, 2021
- EB Haugen-Lehmann Way off-ramp will be closed. Crews will work on new pavement and ADA curb ramp installation, and is necessary to prevent freeway lane closures.
- DETOUR: please exit EB Whitewater off-ramp, re-enter WB I-10 using WB Whitewater on-ramp, exit WB Haugen-Lehmann Way.
Beginning Wednesday, Apr. 28 through Friday, May 7, 2021
- WB Morongo Trail off-ramp will be closed. Crews will work on new pavement and ADA curb ramp installation.
- DETOUR: please exit WB Main Street off-ramp or WB Malki Road off-ramp.
Beginning Sunday, May 2 through Tuesday, May 11, 2021
- EB Ramsey Street on-ramp will be closed. Crews will work on new pavement and ADA curb ramp installation.
- DETOUR: please use EB Hargrave Street on-ramp to access EB I-10.
To complete the concrete rehabilitation without reducing freeway capacity, crews will build a temporary “crossover lane” in the construction area. A crossover lane creates workspace by shifting one lane of traffic to the other side of the freeway using a temporary K-Rail lane that crosses the center median.