#i10TuneUp Reminder! Motorists should anticipate a traffic switch starting tonight! From 8th St in Banning to Main St in Cabazon, crews are rearranging krail and restriping for future crossover switch. From Main St to SR-111, restriping in the area in both directions. #Caltrans8
Feb. 28 – Mar. 6, 2021
Daytime Work: Monday – Friday from 6 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- NO PLANNED LANE CLOSURES
- EB crews working on signage placement, electrical work, temporary restriping, and roadway demolition and excavation improvements from 8th Street in Banning to SR-111.
Nighttime Work: Sunday – Thursday from 7 p.m. to 6:30 a.m.
- NIGHTTIME ALTERNATING LANE CLOSURES IN BOTH DIRECTIONS – Expect Delays
- WB crews continue work on paving and grading from SR-111 to Main Street in Cabazon.
- EB crews continue work on restriping and k-rail placement in preparation for a WB crossover lane in the area anticipated to be in place in March 2021 from 8th Street in Banning to Main Street in Cabazon.
- EB crews continue roadway excavation from Main Street in Cabazon to SR-111.
INTERMITTENT CONNECTOR RAMP CLOSURE: EB connector on-ramp to SR-111 may intermittently be closed for roadwork, please use Whitewater/Tipton Road or Indian Canyon Road to access SR-111.
LONG-TERM RAMP CLOSURE: Through May, 2021
- EB Haugen-Lehman on-ramp will be closed for ramp improvements and other construction activities.
- EB Detour: please use Main Street on-ramp via Railroad Avenue to access EB I-10.
- Alternate detour: enter WB I-10 Haugen-Lehman on-ramp, exit Main Street, re-enter EB I-10 on-ramp to continue east.
REMINDER: PLEASE REDUCE YOUR SPEED WHEN DRIVING THROUGHOUT THE PROJECT AREA.
To complete the concrete rehabilitation without reducing freeway capacity, crews will build a temporary “crossover lane” in the construction area. A crossover lane creates workspace by shifting one lane of traffic to the other side of the freeway using a temporary K-Rail lane that crosses the center median.