Don't forget, Highland Springs ramps will be worked on starting next week, and you'll need to use a detour! See the alert for additional details! #i10TuneUp #Caltrans8 @Beaumontgov @CityofBanning
November 24 – December 3, 2021
*In observance of the Thanksgiving Holiday, Caltrans will begin its moratorium (where no work will occur during this time), from 6 a.m. Wed., November 24, to 6 p.m. Mon., November 29.
Daytime Work: 6 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- No planned lane closures during daytime hours.
- EB crews continue electrical work, roadway excavation and demolition, and shoulder paving operations from Beaumont Avenue in Beaumont to Hargrave Street in Banning.
- WB crews continue electrical work, roadway excavation and demolition, and paving operations from SR-111 to Ramsey Street in Banning.
Nighttime Work: 7 p.m. to 6:00 a.m.
NIGHTTIME ALTERNATING LANE AND RAMP CLOSURES IN BOTH DIRECTIONS – Expect delays, ALLOW ADDITIONAL TIME FOR TRAVEL
- WB and EB crews will be performing grinding, paving, and joint seal operations throughout the entire length of the project from Beaumont to SR-111.
10 DAY RAMP CLOSURES: Due to high winds and poor field conditions the anticipated ramp OPENINGS and CLOSURES may be DELAYED and will begin during nighttime operations.
- Anticipated closure Mon., Nov. 29 and reopening Thurs., Dec. 9.
- EB Highland Springs Avenue off-ramp
- ALTERNATE ROUTE: please use Beaumont Ave. or Sunset Ave.
- Anticipated closure Wed., Dec. 1 and reopening Sun. Dec. 11
- EB Highland Springs Avenue on-ramp
- ALTERNATE ROUTE: please use Beaumont Ave. or Pennsylvania Ave.
- Anticipated closure Thurs., Dec. 9 and reopening Sun., December 19.
- EB Sunset Avenue off-ramp
- ALTERNATE ROUTE: please use Highland Springs or Beaumont Ave.
TRAFFIC SWITCH The EB crossover lane from just east of Beaumont Avenue in Beaumont to Hargrave Street in Banningis available for motorists. There are no exits in the crossover lane and no trucks towing trailers, RV’s or busses permitted.
INTERMITTENT CONNECTOR RAMP CLOSURE EB connector on-ramp to SR-111 may intermittently be closed for roadwork, please use Whitewater/Tipton Road or Indian Canyon Road to access SR-111.
LONG-TERM RAMP CLOSURES
- Anticipated opening beginning mid-March 2022.
- EB Sunset Avenue on-ramp remains closed for improvements, closure assists with freeway capacity.
- DETOUR: please use EB 22nd Street or EB 8th Street on-ramps to access the EB I-10.
- REDUCE YOUR SPEED throughout the project area.
- LANES ARE REDUCED IN WIDTH TO MAINTAIN FREEWAY CAPACITY.
- ALL RAMPS AND LANES in the project area are subject to BRIEF INTERMITTENT CLOSURES, for staging and other construction improvements.
- ALL WORK is WEATHER and field condition DEPENDENT.
- Dates and times are SUBJECT TO CHANGE.
- This project is currently over 48% complete.
- USE QUICKMAP to help navigate through traffic delays.
To complete the concrete rehabilitation without reducing freeway capacity, crews will build a temporary “crossover lane” in the construction area. A crossover lane creates workspace by shifting one lane of traffic to the other side of the freeway using a temporary K-Rail lane that crosses the center median.