Your weekly dose of #i10TuneUp updates has arrived! Check out our website http://www.i10TuneUp.com for more information on upcoming construction work! #Caltrans8 https://conta.cc/3hESF8L
May 16 – May 22, 2021
Daytime Work: Monday – Friday from 6 a.m. to 6 p.m.
NO PLANNED LANE CLOSURES
- WB crews continue electrical work, demolition, paving and excavation from 8th Street in Banning to Main Street in Cabazon.
- EB crews continue work on joint sealing on the outside lanes and shoulders from Main Street in Cabazon to SR-111.
- EB and WB crews continue electrical work throughout the project area.
Nighttime Work: Monday– Friday from 7 p.m. to 6:30 a.m.
NIGHTTIME ALTERNATING LANE CLOSURES IN BOTH DIRECTIONS – Expect Delays, Allow additional time for travel
- WB and EB crews continue paving work throughout the entire project from Beaumont to SR-111.
LONG-TERM RAMP CLOSURE:
- Anticipated through Friday, May 21
- EB Haugen-Lehman Way on-ramp remains closed for improvements.
- DETOUR: to travel east, please use EB Main Street on-ramp via Railroad Avenue to access EB I-10.
- ALTERNATE DETOUR: to travel east, enter WB I-10 Haugen-Lehman Way on-ramp, exit Main Street off-ramp, re-enter EB I-10 on-ramp to continue east.
10 DAY RAMP CLOSURES:
- Anticipated through Thursday, May 20 at 8 a.m.
- EB Haugen-Lehmann Way off-ramp is closed for improvements.
- DETOUR: please exit EB Whitewater off-ramp, re-enter WB I-10 on-ramp, exit WB Haugen-Lehmann Way off-ramp.
- Anticipated through Friday, May 21 at 8 a.m.
- WB Morongo Trail on-ramp is closed for improvements.
- DETOUR: to travel west, please use WB Malki Road or WB Main Street on-ramps to access WB I-10.
- Anticipated from Sunday, May 16 at 10 p.m. through Wednesday, May 26 at 8 a.m.
- WB Malki Road off-ramp will be closed for improvements.
- DETOUR: please exit WB Morongo Trail off-ramp.
- Anticipated from Monday, May 24 through mid-June
- WB Truck Scales will be closed for improvements.
- Anticipated from Tuesday, June 1 through Friday, June 11
- WB Malki Road on-ramp will be closed for improvements.
- DETOUR: to travel west, please use WB Morongo Trail or WB Main Street on-ramps to access the WB I-10.
INTERMITTENT CONNECTOR RAMP CLOSURE: EB connector on-ramp to SR-111 may intermittently be closed for roadwork, please use Whitewater/Tipton Road or Indian Canyon Road to access SR-111.
- Please REDUCE YOUR SPEED when driving throughout the project area.
- WB crossover lane from Main Street in Cabazon to 8th Street in Banning is available to motorists, NO trucks towing trailers, buses, or RV’s permitted.
- All ramps and lanes in the project area are subject to brief intermittent closures, for staging and other construction improvements.
- All work is done weather and field condition dependent.
- Dates and times are subject to change.
To complete the concrete rehabilitation without reducing freeway capacity, crews will build a temporary “crossover lane” in the construction area. A crossover lane creates workspace by shifting one lane of traffic to the other side of the freeway using a temporary K-Rail lane that crosses the center median.