November 23, 2022
Happy Thanksgiving, no worked planned on the holiday.
NIGHTTIME WORK: Sunday – Thursday | 7 p.m. – 6 a.m.
NIGHTTIME ALTERNATING LANE AND RAMP CLOSURES IN BOTH DIRECTIONS; EXPECT DELAYS, ALLOW ADDITIONAL TIME FOR TRAVEL.
- WB and EB from entire length of the project from Pennsylvania Avenue in Beaumont to the SR-111, crews continue paving, traffic reconfiguration and k-rail relocations/removals.
- ALL ramps subject to intermittent closures.
DAYTIME WORK: Monday – Thursday | 6 a.m. – 6 p.m.
DAYTIME RAMP CLOSURES, NO PLANNED LANE CLOSURES; CREWS CONTINUE WORKING BEHIND K-RAIL.
- DAYTIME RAMP CLOSURE: through November
- Monday – Friday from 6:30 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- EB Haugen Lehmann Way off-ramp
- DETOUR: EXIT Main Street, use Railroad Avenue (also known as Interstate 10 Alt)
- DAYTIME RAMP CLOSURES: Monday – Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Schedule TBD
- WB and EB crews continue demolition, excavation, and paving throughout the length of the project from Beaumont to SR-111.
EB and WB TEMPORARY TRAFFIC SWITCH
- EB and WB SPLIT LANE DIVERSION between Main Street and Haugen Lehmann Way (approx. 2.5 miles)
- Lane # 3 IS CLOSED for roadwork
- Main Street/Local and Palm Springs SR-111 EXITS USE the RIGHT #4 LANE
- Semi-trucks USE the RIGHT #4 LANE
- Through traffic USE the LEFT OUTSIDE LANES
- REDUCE SPEED and DRIVE WITH CAUTION in the area.
- See diagram:
- WB CROSSOVER LANE temporary traffic reconfiguration in place.
- NO trucks towing trailers, RVs, or busses permitted.
LONG-TERM RAMP CLOSURE: Anticipated opening mid-December 2022
- WB 22nd Street on-ramp remains closed for improvements; closure assists with freeway capacity.
- DETOUR: please use WB 8th Street or WB Sunset Avenue on-ramps to access the WB I-10.
- SPEED LIMIT IS 60 MPH. PLEASE REDUCE your SPEED throughout the project area, construction zone double VIOLATION FINES apply.
- A lane width reduction, a lane diversion, AND a crossover lane are in place to maintain freeway capacity.
- All ramps: including sr-111 connector, and lanes in the project area are subject to brief intermittent closures.
- All work is weather and field condition dependent; dates and times are subject to change.
To complete the concrete rehabilitation without reducing freeway capacity, crews will build a temporary “crossover lane” in the construction area. A crossover lane creates workspace by shifting one lane of traffic to the other side of the freeway using a temporary K-Rail lane that crosses the center median.