#i10TuneUp crews continue work near Beaumont, Banning and Cabazon! No work will occur on Sunday or Monday because of the holiday. Be sure to #SlowDown in the work zone to keep our #Caltrans8 crews safe!
Jan. 19 – 22, 2021
Daytime Work: Tuesday – Friday from 6 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Crews continue electrical work, foundation improvements, grading and paving from 8th Street in Banning to SR-111.
- No planned lane closures.
Nighttime Work: Tuesday – Thursday from 7 p.m. to 6:30 a.m.
- NIGHTTIME LANE CLOSURES – Expect Delays
- EB and WB alternating lane closures.
- EB crews working on paving, grading, and grinding from Pennsylvania Avenue in Beaumont to SR-111.
- WB k-rail placement from Main Street in Cabazon to SR-111.
ADVISORY: Beginning the week of January 24th, EB from Haugen- Lehman to SR-111. Expect a traffic switch and lane width reductions. All lanes will remain open during day time work hours and are subject to lane closures during nighttime work hours. Crews will be working on demolition and excavation on the outside shoulder and lane #4.
To complete the concrete rehabilitation without reducing freeway capacity, crews will build a temporary “crossover lane” in the construction area. A crossover lane creates workspace by shifting one lane of traffic to the other side of the freeway using a temporary K-Rail lane that crosses the center median.